And that is how solar power works!
Solar energy is clean, green and ever abundant, even on an overcast day your solar panel system has stores of energy from past days of sunshine, and can also draw energy from the sunlight filtering through the clouds. As Australia has such a sunshine soaked climate, it makes perfect sense to harness this fantastic natural resource.
Solar power works because it is simple and effective and does not cause damage to our already unstable environment.
Home Solar Power
Commercial Solar Power
How does solar power energy work?
Sometimes, when a system is so simple it is hard to believe. The mechanism of harnessing solar energy is incredibly straight forward, but you may be wondering how the energy is harnessed and converted into power and what exactly this entails. Below is a list of the equipment which makes this fantastic resource readily available for everyone:
- Solar Panel - which collect solar energy and convert it into DC electricity.
- Inverter - which then converts the DC electricity into AC electricity, which is usable power for any household or business.
- Electrical Panel - Also known as a ‘breaker box’ the electrical panel is in charge of supplying the usable AC electricity to your household appliances and lights.
- Utility Meter - measures the amount of energy in use at any time. When you are generating more power than what your use is, this excess power is fed back into your system to offset your ‘higher’ use times, such as early evenings.
- Utility Grid - this is the grid to which everyone is connected who uses any type of power. The cost of standard electricity use is then offset by any extra solar energy which you have supplied back into the grid, meaning that your solar panel system can actually save you money on your power costs as well as give you FIT’s.
- FIT’s are Feed In Tariffs which have been enacted by state governments all over Australia in a bid to increase solar energy use. This is a way to subside renewable energy, and means you are paid a premium rate for any producers of excess renewable energy.
The equipment described above is crucial to creating your own renewable energy source and supplying you with FIT’s while measuring your power use as well as your power production.
It is an exciting time to get on board the solar energy revolution, so what are you waiting for? Start saving on power and even earning as you produce your own clean, green, renewable energy from sunlight!
To get accurate quotes and costs for your solar system please fill your details out in the form above or call 1300 383 031 today!
Going Solar - has never been so easy!